Books, cats and fine wine are the best things in life.

Facebook

Monday, February 18, 2013

Author Interview – Alex A. Akira

5:30 AM Posted by Unknown , , No comments

 

What is your least favorite quality about yourself? I am tremendously optimistic, almost to the point of naiveté. I am easily awestricken. Internally I am eleven years old.

What is your favorite quote, by whom, and why? ”We are all accidents waiting to happen.” Radiohead

What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life? Staying alive and loving life more each day.

How has your upbringing influenced your writing? My upbringing is totally reflected in my writing. My characters despairs, joys and hopes pretty much reflect mine at various points in my life. I’m also a beauty addict with a manic attention to detail, which anyone who has had occasion to read the initial edition of Dojo Boys: Dragon & Crow, my first effort, can tell you.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? I’ve always written and drawn. When I was fourteen, my English teacher read a passage of mine out loud to the class. I was mortified, as I was one of the hidden [avoid attention at all costs] but the way he looked at me after reading it, well for the first time in my life I felt…I had… worth.

When and why did you begin writing? After the above incident I read and wrote constantly. But I also drew. My peers liked my drawings, which kept me from being beat up, so when the time came for me to apply to college, I chose one college that focused on writing and one that focused on art. The art school gave me a full five-year scholarship… I stopped writing and started painting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive