10 Tips for Becoming a Better Writer
- Write Daily- Even when you don’t think you have much to say, just free-style write and see what comes out.
- Always have something original ( whether a quote or phrase you came up with) written on your mirror for inspiration.
- Keep a notepad by your bed- This is the oldest lesson in the book, but it holds true. Some dreams should be captured in their purest form.
- Download Microsoft or other writing programs on your phone- I can’t tell you how often something will hit me at the grocery store or when I’m out with family.
- Make good use of recording devices- There will be ideas I don’t have the wording for, so I’ll record it really quick and tweak it later. I use this with songs I write also.
- Don’t be afraid to put your work on display- I was terrified of people reading my poems; thinking they would know who they were for and judge me. Or, I thought they were too private. Emotions don’t always have to have the same face to be true, so whoever reading it may not know who you are talking about, but if it’s good, you’ll be glad you let them read it.
- Read your own stuff- I go back and read my work from years ago or a couple of weeks and I surprise myself. If you don’t feel that peace and connection with it, save it for another tweaking session.
- Use writing as therapy- I have a mouth on me, but I always wish I would have said something else; another zinger. Writing is your mouthpiece that helps you keep your composure in society. Use it daily!!!
- Don’t compare your writing to other people- You aren’t trying to be the next (insert dream writer here). No, you want to be the only (insert your full name with authority here). Always.
- Write about things that are important to you- If you aren’t feeling it, chances are, your readers won’t either.
The modern day heroes assembled in this journey get to go to places most people will never see. With the gifts of the spirit and some other talents added to the bunch, they restore faith, hope in order into the world, while shaking it up in themselves. If you are a sci-fi extraordinaire looking for a good read, or if you need an escape from worldly limitations…join the cast of Party of Gifts.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre - Sci-Fi
Rating – PG
More details about the author
Connect with D. Aliesh through Facebook