Books, cats and fine wine are the best things in life.

Facebook

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: How You Leave Texas by Alana Cash

5:30 AM Posted by Unknown No comments
How You Leave TexasHow You Leave Texas by Alana Cash
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Was the book description accurate? In most ways, yes. I was looking forward to reading about these four women. We've all left home in search of something different and I looked forward to reading these stories. The description was close to what was given in the book.

How did you feel about the opening / ending sequences of the book? Each story was unique but many of us at the book club did not appreciate the open ended, "you figure out" endings. If the author was going for a "Who killed JR Ewing" moment, this was an epic fail. The stories were good up to the ending and you're left discussing the "ifs and maybes" with your book club members.

Was this book worth reading? Tough one. I liked the idea. I liked the women in the stories. What I didn't like was the over use of "and". At one point, we counted "and" 5 times in a single sentence. It wasn't a long sentence but it could have been separated by a semi-colon, or broken up into two sentences. I would recommend this book to readers who don't mind a few glitches but the book does need a good polish.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive