Books, cats and fine wine are the best things in life.

Facebook

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#ReviewShare Kain by Brie McGill / 4 stars @briemcgill #scifi #amreading

3:29 AM Posted by Unknown , , No comments
Kain (Sex, Drugs, and Cyberpunk, #1)Kain by Brie McGill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When you get a good book in your hands it is easy to throw words around like "love" and "like" but one thing I will give this book was that it was captivating.

Within the first quarter, I fell under the spell of this book and didn't want to put it down. McGill in my humble opinion is in love with love and life and it is reflected in this book so well. Although a work of fiction, it still makes you appreciate what you have and what is important to you.

Brie McGill is a brilliant author in the way she describes her scenes, world creation and the way she makes you connect with each and every character.

Any reader will be easily consumed by this book. I bawled, I laughed, I got angry! Seriously, I don't think I've ever had a book put me through this much emotion before. The book is slow in the beginning which is what takes away one star for me and then suddenly there was too much going on and I wondered if I was really understanding what was going on, but it all comes together masterfully in the end. As you digest Kain's life everything about the plot, situations and characters will make sense.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive