Books, cats and fine wine are the best things in life.

Facebook

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Review: Emma's Secret by Steena Holmes

6:30 AM Posted by Unknown No comments
Emma's SecretEmma's Secret by Steena Holmes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you were to talk with the author, what would you want to know? Why did she choose to keep the connection with Jack? He did not question his wife's actions and dementia or not, her actions brought a lot of grief to another family so why maintain this connection that caused so much sadness in the first place.

Which character did you like best? Peter. He does everything he can to fix what has happened and often pushes himself more because he feels like he is not doing enough. I think we all need more like him and he needs to give himself a break.

Consider the ending. Did you expect it or were you surprised? I wasn't surprised but a lot of this book left me conflicted. Not because it was a bad story, it's very well-written. It was the way Steena Holmes brought each character to life, introduces them to the reader and then forms such a close connection to the point that when they break down so do you. I wanted everyone to be happy, and yet, deep down I knew that wasn't going to happen.


Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive