Books, cats and fine wine are the best things in life.

Facebook

Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: Enigma Black by Sara Furlong Burr

10:11 AM Posted by Unknown No comments
Enigma Black (Enigma Black, #1)Enigma Black by Sara Furlong Burr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Did the plot pull you in or did you feel you had to force yourself to read the book? Never for a moment did I feel forced. The plot just sucked me in and I didn't want to stop reading.

How realistic was the characterization? The characterization in terms of emotions and situation is real, i.e. the murders and the feelings of loss. However, the whole strange man in the alley offering a change to avenge the deaths ... many of us at the book club didn't like this bit. It seemed far-fetched and didn't fit in with Celaine's situation but I guess the story had to progress one way or another.

How does the setting figure into the book? The setting changes as Celaine grows so I don't think a fixed setting was crucial to the story. The more serene the setting, the more turmoil Celaine is in as she contemplates what to do next. Again, this might have been a play of words / actions on the author's part and I liked this.


Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive